Monday 5 August 2013

Tell Me About Your Day

Tell Me About Your Day Today by Mem Fox, with illustrations
by Lauren Stringer (published by Beach Lane Books, 2012).

There's something so very comforting about coming home and having someone ask "Tell me about your day today."

I love this book for many reasons: the love behind the words, the tenderness and memories behind the images.

I cuddle  my memories of childhood whenever I read this beautiful book: I remember those late night conversations with friends tucked in under the blankets, and making a cubby house under the table with sheets for walls and torches for lamplights.


I read this out aloud to children whenever I want to teach resilience and hope in a tomorrow that will be better.

And then sometimes just before bed, just before I turn out the light,  I  read this book again and again and again.

It's magic.

I love to go back to Mem's website. I can hear her talking to me about bedtime, and magic and possums. Perhaps you would like to visit with her too:

http://www.memfox.com/contact-mem.html


7 comments:

  1. We learn so much from books. They are your friend, don't judge and offer you comfort. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely Blog Maria!

    Thanks for such a great resource.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way picture books are a collaborative project between author and illustrator. We are richer for the feast of language and art that characterises good picture books. Margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Maria, just beautiful! I want to read this book to my daughter whenever I am away from her for a whole day. I love Mem Fox and so does my daughter. Her favourite book is, 'Where is the Green Sheep?' and she has been reading this since she was 1 week old.
    Rebecca S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, I love your passion for reading.
    I agree Mem Fox is very inspirational.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to start a chat about the day! Love Mem Fox.

    ReplyDelete